Almost everyone will agree that our favorite music holds an unexplainable magic. With only two notes we can be transported into a past memory or taken on a starry-skied mystical journey to a far away never-land. The power of those two notes also can rally us to take action, inspire us to bravely charge into battle, or break our hearts with tenderness.
The twelve notes of the chromatic scale, when divided into pairs, form intervals that carry with them the potential to express every human emotion––from love to fear, from joy to tragedy. In essence, we could say that they are the spiritual foundations of our expressions. They represent that quality that best describes what it is to be human. And, found within those twelve intervals is a magical progression that musically takes us from unity, through diversity, and finally back, once again, into unity. Through the continuing octaves, the cycle becomes a never-ending oscillation of energy.
Our relationships, while paired together––not unlike those musical intervals––express that very same energetic bonding. Like music, there are twelve interval groupings, based off the birth months that we create when we unite with another. And, as in music, those various combinations express all of our loves and dreams, as well as our fears and phobias.
Each of the 12 relationship intervals are the result of an energy vortex––a concentration of our human dreams and desires. They range from unity to opposition and are as follows:
- Expression of unity. (Unison Interval)
- Freedom to be unique and individual. (Flat 2nd Interval)
- Freedom to be unique, but also sharing. (2nd Interval)
- Expression of mood, sensitivity and love. (Flat 3rd Interval)
- Desire for joy, love, companionship and social expression. (3rd Interval)
- Need to share intimately, but also to explore on an individual level. (4th Interval)
- The desire to dominate or be dominated, to express self-will. (Flat 5th Interval)
- Expression of strength and stability. (5th Interval)
- Desire to express joy, love and companionship but on a higher, more global level. (Flat 6th Interval)
- Desire to express mood, sensitivity and love in an altruistic way. (6th)
- Expression of uniqueness and independence, but with acceptance. (Flat 7th Interval)
- Desire for total independence, but with compassion toward others. (7th Interval)
The 12 combinations of our birth months offer the opportunity to choose between love and joy, strength, dominance, and finally independence. Every attribute of our human expression is represented in the birth month intervals, just as it is in music.
Throughout time, man, by combining all of the various intervals from consonant to dissonant, has created the most beautiful of music. Every vortex of musical energy has played an important part in the construction of symphonies and songs that have touched our souls.
Just as the composer combined those intervals to achieve harmonic greatness, we too, by blending with each other––consonant and dissonant––help create our marvelous symphony of life.
Get the relationship you desire and deserve!